Getting the opportunity to host a workshop in your area of expertise may be a dream come true for you. However, the excitement may be accompanied with panic as you go through the struggle of organizing the event. The best way to prevent this stress is to plan ahead.
How can you ensure that your workshop runs without a glitch? You can either delegate the planning of the workshop being conducted in Sydney to any of the event companies in Sydney or you can take things in your own hands and employ these simple steps to arrange the event:
- Make a workshop design: Define the goals of the workshop, the targeted participants, finances, logistics, communication means and technology and duration of the workshop.
- Pick the venue: Should be affordable, away from the urban area, with technological support and near accommodations.
- Pick the dates: should give attendees ample time to reach the venue and could be before a major collaboration campaign.
- Register attendees: develop an application process and filtering criteria, and choose attendees from varied backgrounds.
- Assign facilitators: preferably with facilitation experience, with no other organizational responsibility.
- Create an agenda and refine it: How you will achieve the goals set out in the workshop design, for example, through discussion, visual aids etc.
Follow these easy steps and you will never have to feel the strain of organizing a workshop. Your workshop will be a success and you will have made your mark!